I was not able to visit GUADEC this year :’(
But hey, suhas2go got me some goodies, so kudos to him!
Gamepad mappings code got pushed after going through many review iterations. Here’s a demo that I would have given, had I came to the conference.
- Show a list of controllers
- Show the current configurations of the gamepads.
- And finally remap them with this immersive UI
In any case, if the users mess up, they can reset back to default mappings.
- Remapping the gamepad is a lengthy task, hence we plan on providing quick configurations for some common gamepads. As an example we could have a simple button swapper.
- Adrien suggests that we should ask the users if they want to share their gamepad mappings online so that we can enhance the database.